Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting Better

Since cancelling my meeting last week, I've started feeling a bit lighter. I'm finding myself being less annoyed with everyone. I'm less edgy. I'm still not sleeping well, but the actual sleep I'm getting is better.

I'm still struggling with anger. I'm angry with myself. I'm angry with the old doctor. I'm angry with the nurse. I'm angry with my new doctor for dredging this up.

My counselor suggested that I sometimes feel like I'm crazy. She might be right. Maybe that's why I'm fighting this so hard instead of submitting to it. Someone once told me that there's great power in submission, but I struggle with that concept. I guess to me, fighting is ingrained. I don't like to give up. I don't like to quit. I'm used to making things happen, but I can't make the PTSD go away.

I keep going over the letter I wrote in my head. It's like a loop that keeps replaying. I know that it's not the most graphic representation / version of my daughter's birth, but it's a pretty strong description. There's no hiding the pain, fear, or anger from the reader. I'm not sure if I'm okay about the new doctor letting other people read it. I know that hiding from this doesn't help. I know that I NEED to talk about it. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to face the censure, judgement, and scrutiny. Up until now, I've really only discussed it in "safe" places. I don't open myself up to the judgement often, and if I pick up a negative vibe from someone I don't bring it up again. I'm still trying to find a way to discuss it while protecting myself.

Maybe I need to re-write the story.

I just want to feel like the "old" me again. I don't like the new Traumatized Mom.

No comments: