Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Thankful for:

I thought I should try to write something a little bit more upbeat, and with Thanksgiving last week, I thought I could write about the things that I’m thankful for from the night of my daughter’s birth.

  1. My doctor was well-trained, competent, and he kept it together until help arrived.
  2. My daughter is healthy.
  3. I still have all of my parts.
  4. The nurses let me stay in bed until I was ready to get up.
  5. Someone took the time to donate blood, and it was available for me when I needed it.
  6. I could focus on healing myself because no one expected me to room in with my daughter, and the nursery staff was great.
  7. My husband took the first week off work, and he drove me around town whenever I wanted to go out which was heavenly after being on bedrest for 4 weeks.
  8. My best friend was there to give my daughter all of the love and affection she deserved while my husband and I were tied up with my complications.
  9. My husband's best friend for coming to the hospital in the middle of the night to help my husband make decisions, and let him go home to get some sleep.
  10. My health insurance that pays for the counseling sessions that have helped me learn to live with the resulting PTSD.

Wow, that was more than I expected, and easier that I thought it would be. I guess there were some good things that happened that day, it’s just hard to remember them.

No comments: