Friday, November 7, 2008

NIGHTMARES - Continued

So, that helped. Admitting that I'm stressed. Recognizing the anxiety. I slept okay most of the night.

I'm still nervous about this appointment. I don't want to go. I don't want to admit that we have a problem I can't figure out. However, I will go. I will be strong. I will advocate for my child.

If I run into the other doctor, so be it. I have choices. I can walk away. I can ignore him. I can give him a piece of my mind. I can scream at him. I can be strong.

I'm not the same person I was when my daughter was born. Yes, some things have changed for the worse. I'm more on edge. I have to be careful of my temper. I have to be alert to triggers. However, I've gained some things too. I know I'm stronger than I believed. I know that I won't give up. I know I won't quit, and I know that I can be a good advocate. I know that communication is essential to me, and I can find doctors that respect that choice.

No comments: